WaiverWatch Forum Index WaiverWatch
an eye on the Indiana Medicaid Waiver program

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who Is Interested in Rallying at the State House?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjhelser

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Who Is Interested in Rallying at the State House? Reply with quote

As a case management provider under Indiana's current Medicaid Waiver program, we are researching interest in conducting a rally at the State House in Indy. The rally would involved all interested citizens, families, guardians, advocates, recipients and/or providers. This would be a peaceful rally with signs and media coverage so that we can make our issues concerning IFSSA and the current state of the Medicaid Waiver program known to the public as well as the Governor's office. Let us know if you have an interest in participating in a public rally to show IFSSA and the Governor that we are going to take bold action against the devastation of supports to our disabled Hoosiers and the businesses that serve them!
EyeoftheDay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a rally at the statehouse might get a little attention to this whole fiasco. Just when I think I can't get any more outraged...WavierWatch posted a link to an Indystar article.The story is about the state hiring a CHAPLAIN for the FSSA employees for $60,000 a year! (cough cough)...did they open that job up for applications?? How the heck did I miss THAT posting? I can be thoughtful, and listen to all the horrible stories those FSSA employees have to tell me. Really, I can!
Unfortunatly,I think this wavier train is going full steam ahead, and it will take some tragic story to embarrass Mitch Roob, or other state level politicians, to change the way things seem to be going.
WavierWatch posted another interesting article in another place on this board. It seems having a single company doing one service is against federal regs. Imagine that....the state made a stupid decision without checking their facts with the federal boys. Ohhhhh..the pain of it all! I think I need some quality time with the new Chaplain!
BGraves

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Eyeoftheday. Will you join us in a rally? Maybe we can get the chaplain to be on hand to help council those that have to walk through us as we rally! We can use everyone we can get. Are you up for it?
emeadors

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Rally Reply with quote

Come on everyone. Please join in for a rally. I am a family member who has some on the Waiver Program. Our loved ones need our support. Don't let the government decide what you can and can't do or say. Speak your mind and join us all for a rally.

Don't let the government do what you can do; but you do what you can do for the government. In other words, fight for your loved ones(country). Don't let someone in a suit and tie who has no idea what its like to worry each and every day about your loved one and if they are being cared for properly, be in control. We need to be in control of our own decisions. They are taking this from us.

Please plan on attending a rally when one is organized. BE STRONG and STAND STRONG !!!!!!

E MEADORS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WaiverWatch Forum Index -> Action! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: