WaiverWatch Forum Index WaiverWatch
an eye on the Indiana Medicaid Waiver program

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Say Goodbye to Freedom of Choice per Your Case Manager

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjhelser

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Say Goodbye to Freedom of Choice per Your Case Manager Reply with quote

Providers and CM agencies received a letter today (but dated June 21st) from Peter Bisbecos, Director, DDRS stating " Greetings! I am please to announce that FSSA/DDRS and IPMG are finalizing contract discussions that will result in the delivery of high quality CM services." His letter is a slap in the face to every consumer, family member and CM employee and agency. He talks about high quality CM......if CM was not high quality before, what statistics and data are they using to indicate CM sucked?? Mitch Roob, IFSSA spoke directly to one of our CMs and indicated that the state didn't do any research or review of the CM agencies making up IPMG. We had mulitudes of consumers come to our agency from some of these IPMG people indicating that they never saw their CM, their CM did nothing for them, CCBs were out of date and the companies were just plain lazy. So high quality.....from the same CM companies that have poor reputations? Have they all had brain transplants to make them smart business operators? And how sick is it for Peter Bisbecos to be pleased with the fact that they are putting out of business 170+ companies and up to 1400 employees? This is progress....to have a government monopoly? And that is what IPMG will be.....a government entity due to being contracted by IFSSA. If anyone thinks having one large monopoly provide a service or product will be successful, read John Stossel's new book, "Myths, Lies and Plain Stupidity." Government forced policies and government run monopolies have never succeeded. Yep...I'm furious that my personal financial investment into Indiana is going down the drain because of morons, furious that my employees will be out of jobs and would never work for the boobs at IPMG and that the consumers we have been serving for over 7 years will be left with ignorant, unknowledgeable and underpaid CMs. It's just a shame......but the big losers will be the consumers and their families. Good luck Indiana.....you just lost tons of money in revenue through business and employee taxes. And if anyone thinks IPMG will do all CM services across the state for $15 million, think again! I hope John Dickerson, Jim Hammond, Kelly Hartment and Tracy Mitchell all gain the ego status they so desparately want and the money off their scemes but glad I don't have to look in the mirror and know I sold out all those consumers and families to gain such material things. And to Mitch Roob and Peter Bisbecos......I hear it's hot in hell!
EyeoftheDay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well written, cjhelser...as your letters usually are. If there is an express elivator to hell, and that is where this whole thing is headed. I wish the CM's that join this much luck. THey will need it. I think in a few years, the state will decide this monopoly will fold, and they will be scratching for CM's again. What do we do till then? Unemployment? Food stamps? Maybe we can go work at McDonalds. At least they offer a large choices. They offer choice??? What a strange concept! Indiana doesn't believe in that, they insist you only get cheeseburgers. No fish, no plain hamburgers. No salads either. Step right up and pay for your cheeseburgers...because you not getting anything else...and believe me, your tax dollars WILL pay for this So, I guess I'll see you on the unemployment line. I can't see myself applying for a job that I am pretty sure will push me over the edge. Client lists of 50+? Yeah...well, good luck with that!
Provider1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Say Goodbye to Freedom of Choice per Your Case Manager Reply with quote

cjhelser wrote:
Providers and CM agencies received a letter today (but dated June 21st) from Peter Bisbecos, Director, DDRS stating " Greetings! I am please to announce that FSSA/DDRS and IPMG are finalizing contract discussions that will result in the delivery of high quality CM services." His letter is a slap in the face to every consumer, family member and CM employee and agency. He talks about high quality CM......if CM was not high quality before, what statistics and data are they using to indicate CM sucked?? Mitch Roob, IFSSA spoke directly to one of our CMs and indicated that the state didn't do any research or review of the CM agencies making up IPMG. We had mulitudes of consumers come to our agency from some of these IPMG people indicating that they never saw their CM, their CM did nothing for them, CCBs were out of date and the companies were just plain lazy. So high quality.....from the same CM companies that have poor reputations? Have they all had brain transplants to make them smart business operators? And how sick is it for Peter Bisbecos to be pleased with the fact that they are putting out of business 170+ companies and up to 1400 employees? This is progress....to have a government monopoly? And that is what IPMG will be.....a government entity due to being contracted by IFSSA. If anyone thinks having one large monopoly provide a service or product will be successful, read John Stossel's new book, "Myths, Lies and Plain Stupidity." Government forced policies and government run monopolies have never succeeded. Yep...I'm furious that my personal financial investment into Indiana is going down the drain because of morons, furious that my employees will be out of jobs and would never work for the boobs at IPMG and that the consumers we have been serving for over 7 years will be left with ignorant, unknowledgeable and underpaid CMs. It's just a shame......but the big losers will be the consumers and their families. Good luck Indiana.....you just lost tons of money in revenue through business and employee taxes. And if anyone thinks IPMG will do all CM services across the state for $15 million, think again! I hope John Dickerson, Jim Hammond, Kelly Hartment and Tracy Mitchell all gain the ego status they so desparately want and the money off their scemes but glad I don't have to look in the mirror and know I sold out all those consumers and families to gain such material things. And to Mitch Roob and Peter Bisbecos......I hear it's hot in hell!

Now we know...ALL of the venom put forth on this forum is because you were not included in the IPGM deal. I hope you are not speaking for the CM's at your agency when you say they will never work for those boobs. If they are as good as you say...I would want as many excellant case manager's out there to make sure that this thing works...If it does not ...then it is the consumers and the system that loses!

BGraves

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Provider1, I am one of the case managers that works with cjhelser and you are wrong when you make a statement that says we are only upset because we were not included in the IPMG deal. You could not be any more wrong. We wanted nothing to do with this deal since talks began. We are upset because the changes that are occuring with case management include taking away additional choice and rights of the consumers. We are upset because we feel this whole case managment consolidation is nothing but a fraud for someone to make money off of this program. We also feel this is nothing more then a way for the state to control and limit needed funding for individuals with developmental disabilities, while ignoring all rules and regulations. We wanted nothing to do with IPMG because this is doomed to fail and the ones who will really be hurt are the families and consumers involved in waiver services. Since you are a provider, maybe every single consumer you serve has family and guardians to advocate for them. I would bet not though. Most of the consumers I work for have no one else but me to monitor their services and advocate for them. Now I will gone. I feel for them. I'm sure a provider who is for taking choices away from consumers will be glad that they won't have a case manager around bugging them about rules, regulations, quality and timeliness of services. You enjoy your time now, because this consolidation is only the beginning and when your services and rates begin shrinking so IPMG can make a profit and keep their contract, you may not be so favorable of consolidation efforts. I'm sure the state will take good care of you and the people you supposedly "serve". I hope you are huge provider because someday you might find yourself in a consolidation situation. Don't worry though, its only the consumers and families who lose.
Dmom3005

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, my son is not the beneficiary of a waiver yet.

He also lost his only respite thanks to the idiots that put
this plan in effect. They didn't even have the courtesy
to tell us themselves. They left it to the person that
ran the agency that had his respite.

They then when contacted, promised to call back the
next week, but didn't. THen sent word through the
agency that they would be in their office on a certain
day, from 10 to 2.

But didn't take into the offering that any of the kids, or
families would have doctor appts that prevented them
from coming and fighting for their hours.

This is what happened to us. Have I heard from them yet.
Nope. Do they care, Nope. Seems the governor, doesn't
either. He supposedly heard from me, and has someone
looking into it. Didn't hear back at all.

I believe the case managers, did a fantastic job. I ran
across many in my line of work. They will be missed, at
many case conferences

Donna Roberts
Provider1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BGraves wrote:
Provider1, I am one of the case managers that works with cjhelser and you are wrong when you make a statement that says we are only upset because we were not included in the IPMG deal. You could not be any more wrong. We wanted nothing to do with this deal since talks began. We are upset because the changes that are occuring with case management include taking away additional choice and rights of the consumers. We are upset because we feel this whole case managment consolidation is nothing but a fraud for someone to make money off of this program. We also feel this is nothing more then a way for the state to control and limit needed funding for individuals with developmental disabilities, while ignoring all rules and regulations. We wanted nothing to do with IPMG because this is doomed to fail and the ones who will really be hurt are the families and consumers involved in waiver services. Since you are a provider, maybe every single consumer you serve has family and guardians to advocate for them. I would bet not though. Most of the consumers I work for have no one else but me to monitor their services and advocate for them. Now I will gone. I feel for them. I'm sure a provider who is for taking choices away from consumers will be glad that they won't have a case manager around bugging them about rules, regulations, quality and timeliness of services. You enjoy your time now, because this consolidation is only the beginning and when your services and rates begin shrinking so IPMG can make a profit and keep their contract, you may not be so favorable of consolidation efforts. I'm sure the state will take good care of you and the people you supposedly "serve". I hope you are huge provider because someday you might find yourself in a consolidation situation. Don't worry though, its only the consumers and families who lose.

BGraves...don't get me wrong...I think that case manager's are the best thing for the system. I have always regarded the CM role as the most important role. I wonder why you and your colleagues are not going to seek employment with IPMG...If you want to stay in the game, isn't it best to be a part of the only team in town then to just walk away? I don't know much about IPGM except that I know four of the 6 original owner/agencies...They are very good people...And I only hope that they have their hearts in the right place when they do their jobs.

alwaysadvocating

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: I miss Helser's great editorials Reply with quote

Never have written back, but have always enjoyed Helser's editorials on the changing waiver situations. You can sure call a spade a spade and have a very good common sense attitude. Hope you won't be leaving this field because people with disabilities need people who do not bow to state people since they just don't care. You and others are in my thoughts as this case manager change moves forward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WaiverWatch Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: